1. Bring out the Olive Oil. Finger prints on stainless steel appliances drive a lot of people insane. Finger prints love to hang on tight even after being cleaned off. Use a drop of olive oil or even baby oil on a paper towel to shine stainless steel. This helps to get rid of finger prints and keeps the surface cleaner longer. Go with the grain on the stainless steel, buff in the oil and ta-da!
2. Chalk it up! Grab the old school white chalk and keep it in your laundry room. Rub chalk into greasy stains and wash like normal. The stains should come out. If you’re in a pinch and don’t have chalk on hand grab the cornstarch instead, sprinkle over the stain, let sit or 10 minutes to soak up the stain and then wash like normal.
3. Pull Don’t Push. Pulling a vacuum backwards is what actually removes the dirt from the carpet. Pushing the vacuum actually gets it in position to remove the dirt. Vacuuming hard surfaces blows around the dirt instead of sucking it into the vacuum. Use the wand attachment to suck up any furballs that are floating around.
4. Steam clean. Floor cleaners can leave behind a residue that soil and dirt stick to, which can make the floor sticky and dull. Steam cleaners use hot water vapors to remove soil and dirt without any residue. Steam cleaners also come with a removable microfiber pad that can be detached and washed, reducing waste.
5. Cornstarch has more uses than just cooking. It is not easy to get that streak free shine on windows. Window cleaning products leave behind a streaky residue, making windows looks dirty even after being cleaned. Mix together 1 teaspoon of cornstarch, 1 cup of white vinegar and 1 cup of water together to wash your windows. The cornstarch is a very fine abrasive that works away the dirt and residue on your windows.
6. White Vinegar. Water spots and mineral deposits are unavoidable on the kitchen and bathroom faucets and fixtures. Dunk a paper towel of microfiber towel in white vinegar and lay over the deposits. Leave it sit for 10 to fifteen minutes and wipe off. This leaves your faucets and fixtures shiny and spot free.